Monday, May 7, 2007

Raining cats n dogs ?

There is one incident from my boyhood days I still recall, one my frens wouldn’t ever let me forget.
I remember it mostly for the funnyness, craziness of it all.
We had just finished giving the 10th standard exams , and it was party time.
We had begun drinking around this time, secretly , of course.
One night I drank a lot more than before, and it felt good for a while.
I was on top of this world.
Later that night, as I staggered my way back into our locality, I saw that the house lights were still on.
I began to panic.I had not counted on this one. My parents were supposed to be asleep.
I was supposed to slip in quietly to my room .Surely I could not enter the house in this condition.My dad, his cane, my mom , gospel camp ? suicide ? no, still too young.
In my inebriated state I crouched past my mother’s kitchen garden and sat underneath the window sill in hiding, waiting for the GODS to fall asleep.
However hard I tried I could not sustain this position for long. And so I fell .
Crunch ……..Straight into the corn stalks , crushing my mother’s precious garden stalks.
Still dazed and scared to death, I fumbled and dragged myself up as best I could.
Surely the GODS must have heard that.
And so before anyone could come out that door, I meowed my best imitation of a cat,
twice , thrice , meow, meow meow , hoping and praying underneath an evil sky on what was supposed to be a great first night out for a young boy going onto manhood


Did it work? HAHAHA

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

a nalh lua. garden ah chu ihmu suk dek phial neive le maw ha ha ha ha ha ha ba ha ha

Anonymous said...

a nalh lua. garden ah chu ihmu suk dek phial neive le maw ha ha ha ha ha ha ba ha ha

Thangdrix

TSM said...

No comment! huh!